Welcome to Virtual Learning at Swain!
Please visit this page frequently; it will serve as the repository for all-things distance learning until we are able to gather in person again at school.
Our goal during this time of uncertainty is to continue delivering an exceptional learning experience for all students. Although the remote learning environment will never replicate in-person instruction, our hope is to continue to build academic skills, nurture social-emotional learning, and deepen relationships between teachers and students.
The Swain School is currently operating under a High Threat situation per our mandates by Governor Wolf. The following Virtual Learning Plan was created in response to our current situation surrounding COVID-19. This plan is designed to provide direction during this uncertain time and will be updated as needed.
The Swain School will revisit and reevaluate our instruction plans every two weeks and will reach out to parents with updates, with the intention of getting back to in-person instruction as soon as possible. You can also view all of our past updates on the COVID-19 outbreak.
The schedules and learning materials provided below, will start Monday, March 16th and continue through Wednesday, March 18th. The Swain School will then be on Spring Break from Thursday, March 19th through Friday, March 27th. You will receive an update regarding our continued plans during the week of March 23rd.
- Establish daily routines for engaging in the learning experiences (ex. Wake up at the same time every day as you would if campus was open).
- Identify a productive and quiet space in your home where you can work effectively.
- Regularly monitor your online platforms (School email, Google Classroom, Seesaw) to check for announcements and feedback from teachers.
- Complete assignments with integrity and academic honesty.
- Do your best to meet timelines, commitments, due dates, and class attendance expectations.
- Communicate with teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional support.
- Comply with The Swain School’s expectations and guidelines regarding technology, including expectations for online behavior and etiquette and academic honesty.